Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rel's Rants I

This is a post that I had previously made in the Tuskers forums. Hopefully it will provide a glimpse into the life of a Tusker, and help you make a more informed decision on whether the Tuskers are for you or not!

-----------------------------------------------------

After waiting for what it seemed to be an eternity (all of two days), I was finally accepted to be a part of the infamous Tuskers. I quickly sent my alt to Jita, to get me a nice stock of Incursus and Rifters that I would proceed to lose for the next few weeks (or days, in hindsight).

With the enthusiasm that only a fresh recruit can muster, I set out on a heroic roam to prove once and for all that I was worthy of the Tusker name. My random jumps led me to Melmaniel, where I found a Thorax at a belt. The pilot belonged to a corporation called the Hevrice Advisors--being based in Hevrice myself now, I wanted to see what kind of advice he could give me.

Advice he did give. I thought I was winning at first. I was quickly eating through his shields, and began chewing at the armor. He, on the other hand, was having trouble hitting me, because I was orbiting him at close range with full afterburners on.

But suddenly, in two bursts, my shields and armor were gone, and I was warping to a celestial for dear life, in command of my eternal friend, my pod. Judging from the killmail, I think I may have forgotten to turn on the Damage Control Unit. I mean, my Incursus probably has more than 300 ehp on it, right? Another mistake I might have made is that I didn't bother webbing him. I'm wondering if he suddenly accelerated in a direction, hitting his afterburners, and caused me to lower my transversal, blowing me up in two shots.

After having my behind soundly slapped and handed back to me, I returned to Hevrice to fit yet another Incursus. The road to becoming one of the top Tuskers would be a rough and difficult one, but I was determined to hang on, for eventually, victory would come.

I spent an hour or so looking for more targets, but none were present. At least, none that I would feel comfortable engaging. So I decided that my plan for Tusker domination would have to wait another day, and returned to Hevrice, with the plan of resting up for another day. But that's when fortune smiled on me! There it was, a Navitas, cluelessly floating at the first asteroid belt! Lock! Scram! Fire!!

And this is how my road to Tusker supremacy begins! I managed to destroy a fully-fitted Navitas, albeit without rigs. Who rigs their Navitas anyway? It's a worthy kill!

Excited by this new taste of blood, I decided to continue my killing spree. After another hour of roaming, I found another Thorax at a belt in Adirain. I thought of the rough trouncing I had received previously; however, I would not let myself run away from Thoraxes for the rest of my career! I bravely burned into range, locked, and blasted him with overheated guns. This time, I was barely a third of the way through his shields before I was blown to bits and pieces.

I wondered if I had mistakenly attacked a very experienced pilot. I checked again, but this pilot was definitely about the same age as myself. Maybe this is the beginning of a long string of losses to my nemesis, the Thorax...

I'm back in my home base, updating my log. Two trips into outer space in the coldness of my pod are enough for one day. Maybe tomorrow will hold better kills. At least, I'm one unrigged Navitas closer to becoming the top pilot in the Tuskers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment